Home School Opportunities with 4-H
4-H For Homeschoolers?
4-H is an extracurricular group that focuses on life skills, citizenship, and leadership through hands on activities for children.
- 4-H can be found all over the United States, as well as in 80 countries around the world.
- 4-H is for all youth ages 5-18.
- 4-H is not just for the farming family, it is a great way for youth to explore and expand their knowledge on a variety of subjects that cover everything from aeronautics to workforce preparedness.
4-H Club meetings are great ways to meet other youth and families from the community and surrounding areas. Many people use 4-H curriculum to incorporate hands-on learning into their everyday school schedule, (which can count as credits!). Not only can youth present their projects at fairs they can also participate in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Fair, County Events which is a public speaking event, do community service projects, as well as travel around the state and learn about our Legislative System, University System, and so much more!
Ways to get involved in 4-H:
- Participate in a club. A 4-H club is open to everyone, but must be made up of at least 5 youth from two different families.
- Participate in a camp. 4-H offers educational day camps throughout the summer, as well as sleep away events too.
- Participate on your own. 4-H has “At-Large” memberships where youth can work on projects on their own, at their own pace.