Environmental Horticulture Production
The Environmental Horticulture Production program is dedicated to improving the commercial nursery, greenhouse and sod production industries in Hillsborough and Polk counties through the adoption of Best Management Practices, the utilization of integrated pest management, the development of a stable, educated workforce, and access to research-based problem solving resources.
Services and Resources
Core and Private Pesticide License Review Classes
Worker Protection Train the Trainer Trainings
UF/IFAS Extension Regional South Central County Offices
The Core and Private Pesticide License Review classes will give attendees exam preparation for the Private and Core Pesticide exams. If attendees already have a license these classes can be used for CEU credits.
The Worker Protection Standard Train the Trainer Trainings will give attendees the necessary information and certification to conduct WPS trainings for employees to comply with the EPA. These classes may also be used to receive CEUs for spray license renewals.
The exam reviews and the WPS TTT classes are being taught regionally please see the below flyer for additional information and dates.
- Commercial Foliage Crop Production Notes
- EDIS (UF/IFAS Extension Electronic Data Information Source)
- FAWN (Florida Automated Weather Network)
- Florida Nursery, Growers, and Landscape Association
- FNGLA Florida Garden Select
- Hurricane Prep for Farmers and Ranchers
- Nursery and Greenhouse Extension
- Ornamental Outlook CEU Series
- Palm Production
- UF/IFAS Research
- UF/IFAS Extension
- USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map
- Woody Ornamentals