Indian River County 4-H Youth Development
4-H Youth Development Agent I
Phone: 772-226-4330 x 2
4-H is the largest youth development organization in America with more than 6.5 million young people, ages 5-19, over 540,000 youth and adult volunteers, 3500 staff, and over 60 million alumni.
4-H is in all 50 states, U.S. territories and on military installations worldwide, with 55 percent of 4-H members living in cities, large towns and their suburbs and 45 percent living in small towns and farms.
Young people in 4-H "learn by doing" with more than 1,000 hands-on projects as varied as rocketry, GPS mapping, public speaking, DNA analysis, nutrition, photography and community service.
the UF/IFA Extension 4-H Youth Development program uses a learn-by-doing approach to help youth gain the knowledge and skills they need to be responsible, productive citizens. This mission is accomplished by creating safe and inclusive learning environments, involving caring adults, and utilizing the expertise and resources of the University of Florida and the nationwide land grant university system.
Become a Volunteer
Volunteering with 4-H is a rewarding experience. Contact the Indian River County Extension office to find out when the next volunteer orientation is scheduled, or for more information.
4-H Builds the Leaders of Tomorrow
4-H enables youth to have fun, meet new people, learn new life-skills, build self-confidence, learn responsibility, and set and achieve goals! Youth learn by doing and receive an award for a project.
- Members can range from age 5 to age 18, special and large animal projects start at 4-H age 8 (as of Sept. 1 of the current 4-H year).
- 4-H starts on a club level, then moves on to a county, district, state, national and international level.
- 4-H offers such a wide range of projects, programs and activities that every member can do well in 4-H.
- Parents, volunteers, community leaders, and Extension staff share their time and talents with 4-H youth.
- Get involved in a community service project through 4-H!
Valentine Horse Show
The 47th annual Valentine Open Horse Show hosted by the Indian River Horsemasters 4-H club is scheduled to begin at 8:30am on Sunday, February 25th at the Indian River Riding Club in Vero Beach. 32 classes are offered for competition. 4-H classes...
READ MORE | RELATED INFORMATION