Pesticide Applicator Training
Agricultural Categories, exams, and study materials for each category. Study materials available to purchase at IFAS Extension Bookstore. Some materials available in the reference section of Lake County Libraries.
NEW WPS Train the Trainer On Line training. EPA-approved training you can do at your own pace from your own computer. Cost is $35. Take the Training. This training will provide you with a WPS TTT certificate allowing you to train your workers and handlers with all the latest WPS requirements.
Training workers and handlers with EPA-approved WPS training is easier than ever. You have a choice of slide shows you narrate or videos, both below.
NEW WPS EPA-approved presentations to use to train workers and handlers. You must use the full, unaltered slide show and use the notes that are provided.
- WPS annual worker training
- Annual handler WPS training
- Globally Harmonized System Pictogram training
New EPA Approved WPS training videos (some available as downloadable format, others on YouTube will require internet connection):
- Video for online WPS worker training - English
- Video for online WPS worker training - Spanish
- Video for online WPS handler training - English - on YouTube
- Video for online WPS handler training - Spanish - on YouTube
- Video for online WPS greenhouse worker training - English
- Video for online WPS greenhouse worker training - Spanish
- Video for online WPS greenhouse handler training - English - on YouTube
- Video for online WPS greenhouse handler training - Spanish - on YouTube
WPS Respirator requirements:
- Respirator requirements for employers of pesticide handlers - includes selecting a respirator, medical evaluations, fit testing, training, maintenance of PPE and more.
- Respirator fit testing description from OSHA
- One option for fit testing
Special Paraquat training requirements - to use paraquat you must now take a special online training. Online training.
Need a Fertilizer License? You need to become Green Industry Best Management Practices (GI-BMP) Certified.
GI-BMP classes in Orange County. Various dates. Registration.
Limited Certification Application Instructions
Free online CEUs in CORE from Growing Produce
Free online CEUs in CORE from Citrus Industry Magazine
Check to make sure they are exactly the category that you need to renew.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service periodically, depending on funding, has “Operation Cleansweep”. The purpose of “Operation Cleansweep” is to offer a safe, convenient, and cost effective mechanism for agricultural operations, golf courses, and pest control companies to properly dispose of canceled, suspended, and unusable pesticides (CSUP). Check out their latest announcement.