The Leon County Master Gardener Program
Leon County Master Gardeners are a trusted resource for non-biased, evidence-based horticultural information.
The Master Gardener desk at the UF/IFAS Extension Leon County Office is open from 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday, providing in-depth customer service.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at (850) 606-5202, or visit us at 615 Paul Russell Rd.
We can help answer questions about:
Insect Pest ID and Control
Weed ID and Control
Turfgrass Best Management Practices
Soil Test Result Interpretations/ Soil Test Kits
Florida Yards and Neighborhoods- Florida-Friendly Landscaping Yard Consultations
Plant Disease Diagnostics and Control
Plant Recommendations for Your Landscape
Vegetable Gardening Information
Plant Care Information and Techniques
At any time of the day, email Master Gardeners working from home a question via email to email@example.com.
Did you Know? Leon County Master Gardeners are currently involved in these teams or community projects:
- The Ask-a-Master Gardener Booth, found at many community events
- Florida Yards and Neighborhoods Site Visits for New Construction Sites, Homeowners, or Businesses (please call our office to arrange yours)
- Invasive Plant Team offers information and identification/control techniques around town
- Monarch/Milkweed Initiative
- The Tallahassee Museum Farm Garden
- School and Community Gardens
- VegHeadz (visit their blog here)
- Irrigation Team
- 4-H Horticulture and Junior Master Gardener clubs
- Leon County Seed Library
- Garden Educator Training Series
- The David Marshall Demonstration Gardens at 615 Paul Russell Rd.
- Workshops and Presentations on Garden Topics