All clubs and events are advised by an adult 4-H volunteer or staff who has been screened and trained in accordance with the Florida 4-H Policies and Procedures. Putnam 4-H relies on dedicated volunteers to promote its mission to help youth gain the knowledge and life skills they need to be productive, responsible citizens. Your time as a volunteer will provide these youth the safe environment they need to pursue whatever interests, causes, and leadership roles that are most important to them. Adults who are not currently 4-H volunteers, we invite you to become a volunteer and share in the positive experiences of the Florida 4-H program.
HOW DO I BECOME A 4-H VOLUNTEER LEADER?
- Decide that you want to help kids grow and explore their futures.
- Check out some of the different volunteer experiences (volunteer roles) with Florida 4-H.
- Contact Putnam 4-H (386-329-0318 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn about 4-H in your county and discuss your possibilities.
- Choose a volunteer role and complete an Adult Volunteer Profile through 4-H Online.* (Background screenings are a part of the Volunteer Application process.)
- Successfully complete the annual OYCS Youth Protection Training(using an Internet Explorer web browser). Training results will be e-mailed to the State Volunteer Coordinator (SVC).
- Complete and submit the Florida 4-H Volunteer Packetto your Putnam County Extension Office or Florida State 4-H Headquarters.
- Attend scheduled fingerprinting appointment and await eligibility status from 4-H Agent.
- After you receive your official appointment letter, attend a county orientation and training.
- Prepare to share your skills, knowledge and talents while having Fun with kids!