Pesticide Applicator Training
The Sumter County Extension Office holds regular pesticide license testing dates on the Second Tuesday of each month at 1:00 PM unless specified otherwise.
Exam Registration: https://pesticideexam.ifas.ufl.edu/ Follow the directions on this page to sign up for the exam.
Exam Schedule, Holidays and Directions: https://pesticideexam.ifas.ufl.edu/public/countyList.faces Select "Sumter Testing Center" Please note that there will be no pesticide testing in October 2018.
CEU Classes Database: http://aessearch.freshfromflorida.com/AvailableClassSearch.asp
License Information/Which License Do You Need?
http://syfl.ifas.ufl.edu/hillsborough/professional-horticulture/licensing/#questions A very useful flow chart for determining what license(s) you need based on your activities. Also contains links to study guides and information on license costs.
NEW WPS EPA-approved presentations to use to train workers and handlers. You must use the full, unaltered slide show and use the notes that are provided.
- WPS annual worker training
- Annual handler WPS training
- Globally Harmonized System Pictogram training
New EPA Approved WPS training videos (some available as downloadable format, others on YouTube will require internet connection):
- Video for online WPS worker training - English
- Video for online WPS worker training - Spanish
- Video for online WPS handler training - English - on YouTube
- Video for online WPS handler training - Spanish - on YouTube
- Video for online WPS greenhouse worker training - English
- Video for online WPS greenhouse worker training - Spanish
- Video for online WPS greenhouse handler training - English - on YouTube
- Video for online WPS greenhouse handler training - Spanish - on YouTube
Need a Fertilizer License? You need to become Green Industry Best Management Practices (GI-BMP) Certified. Search for GI-BMP classes.
GI-BMP classes in Orange County. Various dates. Registration.
Limited Certification Application Instructions
Free online CEUs in CORE from Growing Produce
Free online CEUs in CORE from Citrus Industry Magazine
Check to make sure they are exactly the category that you need to renew.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service has announced the launching of the 2015-16 “Operation Cleansweep”. The purpose of “Operation Cleansweep” is to offer a safe, convenient, and cost effective mechanism for agricultural operations, golf courses, and pest control companies to properly dispose of canceled, suspended, and unusable pesticides (CSUP).