Sea Grant - Martin & St. Lucie
Dr. Vincent Encomio is the Florida Sea Grant Extension Agent for Martin and St. Lucie counties. Locally, Sea Grant connects residents with Florida universities’ and national research and education to fulfill the program’s goal of ‘Science Serving Florida’s Coast’. Ongoing webinars, citizen science and restoration projects are available to our community. Connect today to learn from experts in water health, seafood initiatives and other marine-related topics.
Florida Sea Grant’s mission is to support integrated research, education and extension to conserve coastal resources and enhance economic opportunities for the people of Florida.
We are a partnership between the Florida Board of Education, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and Florida’s citizens and governments. Our extension, education and outreach programs are done in partnership with UF/IFAS Extension and coastal counties of Florida.
To learn more visit: https://www.flseagrant.org/
Keeping Your Dog Safe
The above fact sheet details the toxin’s effects on dogs, risks for fatality, how to recognize the presence of algal blooms, and links to additional resources.
To learn more about pet safety and Cyanobacteria, visit Florida Seagrant.
Living Shorelines - Marine Contractors
Resource PDF Documents
Water Ambassador Resources
- Water Ambassador 2021 Webinars
- Septic_Flooding Facts_NWDist
Upcoming "Seafood Live"
New 2021 Events To Be Announced
Enjoy the recorded December 9 in the kitchen with Dr. Encomio - Vincent
Seafood Live Video
- Click above for new workshops
Water Ambassador - Videos
- History of Water Mgmt 0112
- WeShore/Living Shorelines 0126
- SLE Algae Bloom Monitoring 0209
- IRL Report Card 0223
- Ripple Project 0309
- Clean Boating/Marina Prog 0406
- Water Ambassador Events
- Intro Max Daily Load TMDL 414
- Quarantine Conserve 421
- Basin Management 428
- Living Shoreline 505
- Leave No Trace 512
- BMPs & Storm Sewer 519
- Ins and Outs Recycling 526
- Cyanobacteria Lake O SLE 602
- History: Indian River Lagoon 609
- Septic Systems and BMAPs 616
- St. Lucie Watershed Overview 623
- Oysters, Restoration, and Aquaculture 630
- Septic to Sewer 707
- Agricultural BMPs 714
- Turf Alternatives 721
- Low Impact Dev/Green Infrastructure 728
- Treatment Wetlands 804
- Water Quality Resources 811
- Hydrology 101 and DBHYDRO 818
- IRL Microplastics Project 825