Financial Management and Economic Well-Being
Financial management refers to the efficient and effective management of money (funds) in such a manner as to accomplish yours and your family's objectives. The overall goal of this program is to provide Miami-Dade County residents with practical and objective information which can help families and individuals plan their financial future and reach their goals. Specific emphasis includes helping youth and adults to:
- Develop spending and saving plans
- Manage credit, reduce debt and pay bills on time
- Learn to evaluate alternatives and avoid frauds in the marketplace
- Learn effective consumer and shopping skills
Personal Financial Management Updates/News
Important Topics of Personal Financial Management
- Building a Spending Plan series
The basic of your expenses on how to identify your expenses and the different types you have.
- Controlling Expenses
This article will help you learn and understand how to control your current expenses.
- Financial Security: Managing your Money in Tough Times
In this series of articles, Extension helps you understand how to survive difficult financial times.
- Retirement Need Analysis: How Much of My Current Income Will I Need for Retirement?
Basic information on planning for retirement.
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
The basics of what are IRAs what the types of retirement accounts are avilable to use.