Request Community Garden Assistance
The Polk County School and Community Garden Association is a non-fee based association in Polk County that connects school and community gardens with the resources and education they need to succeed.
Benefits of Membership
- Gardens will receive FREE seeds and transplants.
- FREE expert-led learning opportunities.
- Opportunities to network and learn from a peer of school and community gardeners.
Community Garden Criteria to Participate
- For the purposes of the garden association, a community garden is defined as a garden that has five or more people gardening together in a community-based location.
- Garden teams are required to collect and report data.
- In order to receive the free seeds and transplants, gardens must attend educational events.
- See Next Steps at the bottom of this form for additional requirements for community gardens that participate in the association.
THIS INTAKE FORM IS THE FIRST STEP IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Once this intake form has been received, we will be in touch with you to discuss documentation needed to complete the application.
Further, a site visit will be scheduled at your garden location.
Other documentation that will be needed:
- Landowner letter of approval.
- Landowner lease (if applicable).
- Necessary permits for the community garden (if applicable).
- Liability insurance documentation (required).
- Pictures of your garden (3-5).
- Youth protection and background screening policies.
Instructions to submit this documentation will be provided once this intake form is received.