To understand how our climate is changing, one must first understand how our climate works. Greenhouse gases allow the sun’s rays to enter our atmosphere, and then when the rays bounce off the earth’s surface, the greenhouse gases trap them in the atmosphere and warm our planet. This act is called the greenhouse effect, and it is necessary for life on earth; the planet would be too cold to live without it.
How big is your "Ecological Footprint"? Take the quiz and find out.
- Low Carbon Pledge (PDF)
- Climate Change Brochure - Sarasota County (PDF)
- Climate Change Impact - Presentation (PDF)
- Wacky Weather: What's Up With That? – Climate change presentations/series
- Updates on climate change science (PDF)
- Impacts and responses on social systems, human health, and resilient communities (PDF)
- Impacts and responses to agriculture and food systems (PDF)
- Coming soon: Impacts and responses to natural systems and biodiversity (coming soon)