Pesticide Education and Testing
Restricted use pesticide applicator licenses are available to certified individuals to allow for the purchase and use of restricted use pesticides on agricultural and related sites, such as farms, plant nurseries, forests, ornamentals and turfs not associated with structures (such as golf courses and parks), and highway right-of-ways, etc.
The Sumter County Extentsion Office holds regular pesticide license testing dates on the second Tuesday of each month at 1:00PM unless stated otherwise. There will be no Pesticide Testing in August of 2019.
To see what classes and CEU's we are offering currently visit our Eventbrite
How to Apply
License Information/Which License Do You Need?
http://syfl.ifas.ufl.edu/hillsborough/professional-horticulture/licensing/#questions A very useful flow chart for determining what license(s) you need based on your activities. Also contains links to study guides and information on license costs.
https://pesticideexam.ifas.ufl.edu/ Follow the directions on this page to sign up for the exam.
Exam Schedule, Holidays and Directions:
https://pesticideexam.ifas.ufl.edu/public/countyList.faces Select "Sumter Testing Center"
CEU Classes Database:
LIMITED CERTIFICATION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Commercial Landscape Maintenance
- Limited Government/Private Certification
- Urban Fertilizer Application Certification
2019 Pesticide Training Flyer
Workers Protection Standard
NEW WPS EPA-approved presentations to use to train workers and handlers. You must use the full, unaltered slide show and use the notes that are provided.
- WPS annual worker training
- Annual handler WPS training
- Globally Harmonized System Pictogram training
New EPA Approved WPS training videos (some available as downloadable format, others on YouTube will require internet connection):
- Video for online WPS worker training - English
- Video for online WPS worker training - Spanish
- Video for online WPS handler training - English - on YouTube
- Video for online WPS handler training - Spanish - on YouTube
- Video for online WPS greenhouse worker training - English
- Video for online WPS greenhouse worker training - Spanish
- Video for online WPS greenhouse handler training - English - on YouTube
- Video for online WPS greenhouse handler training - Spanish - on YouTube
Need a Fertilizer License? You need to become Green Industry Best Management Practices (GI-BMP) Certified.
Continuing Education Units (CEU's)
CEUs for a fee from UF/IFAS Pesticide Information Office
Free online CEUs in CORE from Growing Produce
Free online CEUs in CORE from Citrus Industry Magazine
Check to make sure they are exactly the category that you need to renew.
Operation Cleansweep Flyer
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service has announced the launching of the 2018-19 “Operation Cleansweep”. The purpose of “Operation Cleansweep” is to offer a safe, convenient, and cost effective mechanism for agricultural operations, golf courses, and pest control companies to properly dispose of canceled, suspended, and unusable pesticides (CSUP).