We know many of our residents in Suwannee County have been hit hard by Hurricane Idalia. Here are some resources to help.
Producers, Farmers and Ranchers
Please click here for a loss assessment survey. To complete this you'll need to have pictures of your losses/damages, man hours involved in cleanup/repair, equipment used in clean-up, and livestock inventory if you have lost animals.
The purpose of this is to rapidly estimate the agricultural impacts resulting from the hurricane. The results will be combined with a detailed baseline database on agricultural assets in Florida to estimate and communicate production losses in support of informed local, state and federal decision-making processes related to disaster declaration, response and relief.
You should report farm (crops and livestock) losses to 877-508-8364.
Assistance for Livestock & Animals
State Division of Emergency Management: 800-342-3557.
- Individual Assistance (IA) – FEMA program for homeowner’s
- Hazard Mitigation – discussing preventive measures against future disasters
- Small Business Administration – low interest loan for recovery purposes
- Red Cross
- Department Children and Families – providing crisis counseling and hope navigators
- Florida Commerce – economic development
- Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- Veteran Affairs
- Legal Services of North Florida
- Disaster Recovery Center – Information
- Hurricane Idalia Information for Veterans