- Learn all about preparing your birds for show, showmanship techniques and caring for your growing birds
Tailgate Grilling - June 4, 5 & 6, 2019 8am-12:30pm
- Learn the art and science of grilling beef, poultry, shrimp and pork over charcoal fire
- Save the Date: District Tailgate Grilling Contest - July 20th
Food Challenge - June 10, 11, 12 & 13, 2019 8am-1:30pm
- Learn cooking skills, kitchen & food safety and how to write recipes
- Compete in a food preparation challenge with ingredients (think Chopped for Kids!)
4-H Camp Timpoochee - June 17-21, 2019 (overnight camp)
- An overnight experience at our camp on the Choctawhatchee Bay with marine science, kayaking, target sports, camp fires, snorkeling and so much more!
- $50 non-refundable deposit due sign-up to reserve spot
- $280 short-term 4-H members, $250 4-H Club members, $180 Camp Counselors
- ***Limited availablity - only 24 camper spots this year***
- 4 male counselor spots and 4 female counselor spots available
- Preferencewill be given to 4-H teens who are involved in 4-H througout the year.
Overnight and day camp spots are limited and filled on a first-come, first-served basis. To learn more about camps and to reserve camp spots, you must:
- Enroll in or be a current member of Washington County 4-H.
- To enroll or re-enroll, go to: florida4honline.com.
- New enrollees choose: short-term member and 4-H member not enrolled in a club
- New enrollees: membership must be approved by our office prior to completing registration
- Click on: Continue to Family
- Scroll down to: Register a Member in an Event
- Choose Member and Choose Event from drop down menus.
- Click: Register
- 4-H Camp Timpoochee - $50 deposit is due at registration. Full payment is due June 1, 2018.
- 4-H Day Camps - Full payment is due at immediately after registration and is required for spots to be reserved.
4-H Camp Timpoochee FAQ’s
What do I need for camp? Camp Packing List
My child takes daily medication. How do I send it? Camp Med Form
Who will go with my child to camp? Your 4-H Agent, Julie Pigott Dillard, attends the week of camp along with paid camp staff, a camp nurse, a night security officer and other 4-H Agents from our camp cluster counties.
What are the cabins like? There are 10 youth per cabin with campers sleeping in bunk beds. Counselors and Jr. Counselors stay in the cabin with campers. Each cabin is air-conditioned with en-suite showers, sinks and toilets.
What does camp look like? Check out this 4-H Camp Timpoochee map
Can I set up a payment plan for camp? Yes! Come by our office to set up a payment plan. Payments can be made monthly, and the full fee is due June 1st.
Are there items to purchase at camp? All campers and counselors will get a camp week t-shirts. We also have some logo items available for purchase. Check them out here: 4-H Camp Timpoochee Store Catalog
Can my child call or text me from camp? Campers and counselors are not allowed to have cell phones at camp. This is an electronic free week! While I'll have my cell phone there, I do not take calls or texts from parents because I'm busy enjoying camp with your child. In case of an emergency, call Nikki West, my secretary, at 850.638.6180, and she will call me immediately and relay your call.
Are there items to purchase at camp? All campers and counselors will get a camp week t-shirts. We also have some logo items available for purchase. Check them out here: