4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Contest
2018 4-H/Tropicana Information for Teachers and Administrators
Date of Contest: Saturday, January 26, 2019 Florida A&M University Perry Paige Auditorium 1740 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd Tallahassee, FL 32301
4-H/Tropicana School General Information
- School Enrollment Form – Each school must complete this form(s) specifying breakdown of teachers and background of the students participating in the contest. This form is due to the 4-H Office NOON FRIDAY, December 7, 2018
- Enrollment Form Instructions - Instructions on how to fill out the enrollment form
- 2019 Winner Form– Each school must fill out this form(s) noting the school winner’s information. This form is due at the 4-H Office NOON FRIDAY, January 11, 2019.
- Overview and Objectives Gives information on the 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Program
- Suggestions for Judges Possible Judges to use for school contest
- Judging Sheet This will be used for the County Contest – may also be used at school contest.
- Tabulator Sheet Similar form used at the County Contest – may also be used at school contest
- Timekeeper Sheet Similar form used at the County Contest ~ may also be used at school contest
- Parent Letter
- Elementary School Speaking Order - Available in January 2019
- Middle School Speaking Order - Available in January 2019
4-H / Tropicana Classroom Teacher Information
- Program Logistics: How the program works
- Parent Letter
- Suggested Teacher Lesson Plan Booklet
- Questionnaire Responses – Responses to a few questions at previous contest.
- Judging Sheet – May want to used for your class or school contest. This is the scoring sheet that will be used for the County Contest.
- Picture of Certificates These are provided in quantity for your students. Please check with your 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Contact for your supplies.
- Writing for Public Speaking: Teacher reference
4-H/Tropicana Resources for Speakers and Teachers
- 4-H/Tropicana Resources Available
- Example of Winning Speeches: Speeches from past 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Contest
- Example of Winning Speeches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0d4lJsYRio)
- FRIENDLY CRITIQUE SHEET: Can be duplicated and used by teacher or students to offer constructive criticism for speakers
- Judges Comments: Compilation of comments made by judges at past county contest
- Overcoming Stage Nerves: Teacher reference
- Public Speaking Evaluation Form
- Speech Topic Ideas: Helpful list for suggestions to students
- Podium Presence: Information Sheet
- Public Speaking 4-H Style
- Contact Us With Questions: In most schools, the Assistant Principal of your school can answer your questions.
For more information, contact Allison Leo at email@example.com.