Lawn and Garden Help
Email your questions to Brevardemail@example.com (Please attach clear photos when possible, do not put photos in the body of the text.)
Visit our main Plant Clinic in person Mon.-Fri., 8am-5pm (excluding county holidays) at 3695 Lake Drive, Cocoa, FL 32926.
Call our office to find a Plant Clinic near you: 321.633.1702 ext. 52339.
ON THE PHONE
Call our Lawn & Garden Help Line Monday through Friday at 321.633.1702 ext. 52339 (8am-5pm).
My Brevard Yard
The My Brevard Yard program teaches you how to create and maintain a beautiful lawn while protecting the Indian River Lagoon.
You will learn how to:
- figure out how much fertilizer to apply to your lawn,
- what kind of fertilizer will give you the healthiest lawn,
- decide the best time to apply fertilizer,
- calculate how long to run your sprinkler system, and maintain a healthy lawn while complying with your local fertilizer ordinance.
My Brevard Yard is part of the UF/IFAS Florida-Friendly Landscaping® Program.
How it Works
A University of Florida IFAS Master Gardener will visit your home to:
- Answer your lawn and garden questions
- Teach you how to maintain your fruit trees and vegetable gardens
- Provide solutions to problem areas
- Collect soil samples to test for nutrients, and test well or surface water for salt content
- Develop a customized fertlizer program for your lawn
Visits offered for the first Monday of the month between 8AM and 3PM.
Florida-Friendly LandscapingTM Principles
- Right Plant, Right Place
- Water Efficiently
- Fertilize Appropriately
- Attract Wildlife
- Manage Yard Pests Responsibly
- Reduce Storm Water Runoff
- Protect the Waterfront
Learn more at http://fyn.ifas.ufl.edu/!