Indian River County Green Industries
Note: Testing is now available monthly on first Thursdays by appointment.
- Computers only, no paper tests
- 2 shifts: 12:30pm - 2:30pm & 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Vouchers and test date registration are REQUIRED
- Information links:
Contact Amir Rezazadeh at email@example.com or any further information.
- Solutions for local issues
- Diagnostic services
- Soil and water testing
- Fertilizer applicator (GI-BMP) training and testing
- Pesticide applicator training and testing
- Literature & website referrals
- Industry updates & alerts
Green Industries Best Management Practices (GI-BMP)
Fertilizer applicator training and licensing
Florida statute 482.1562 states that all commercial fertilizer applicators must have a license from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) as of January 1, 2014. Licenses are issued by FDACS and can be applied for after receiving a certificate of training from UF/IFAS Extension programs.
Overview of GI-BMP Program
Pesticide Applicator Training and Testing
Insecticide and herbicide applications
The state of Florida requires that certain persons be certified to legally apply any pesticides (including insecticides and herbicides such as RoundUp). Who must be certified and the type of certification or license required depends on the type of chemicals used, the site of application and the role of the applicator (owner, employee etc.). Licenses are issued by FDACS and can be applied for after receiving a passing score on the appropriate category test.