Monroe County Plant Clinics
UF/IFAS, Monroe County Extension Service offers free plant clinics. Master Gardener Volunteers will be onsite at regional plant clinics to help assist with plant identification, disease diagnosis, insect identifications/problems, and other services related to diagnosing gardening and/or landscape problems.
In-Person Plant Clinics:
- Home Deopt Marathon- every 3rd Saturday of the month
9AM-12PM 4555 Overseas Hwy. Marathon, FL 33050
- Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garden Stock Island- every 3rd Saturday of the month
9AM-12PM 5210 College Rd. Key West, 33040
- Island Home Nursery Islamorada- every 4th Thursday of the month
9:30AM-12:30PM 8872 Overseas Hwy. Islamorada, FL 33070
- Garden Club of the Upper Keys, Key Largo- every 3rd Tuesday of the month (Nov & Dec 2nd Tues of the month)
9AM-12PM 94040 Overseas Hwy. Tavernier, FL 33070
- Key West Garden Club- Every 1st Thursday of the Month
Cancelled for the summer, will resume in November
- Key Largo Library- Every 1st Wednesday of the month
9AM-12PM 101485 Overseas Hwy. (community room) Key Largo, FL 33037
- Key Deer Refuge Nature Center Big Pine Key- 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month
9AM-12PM 30587 Overseas Hwy. Big Pine Key, FL 33037
What to Bring with You:
- Photo: clear photos of the issues you are having will help master gardeners with diagnosis. Make sure photos are if focus and take one of the whole plant and some close-ups of the problem(s).
- Plant Sample: Samples should include healthy material and material showing issue(s) to be identified. Bring material in a plastic bag and, if possible, collect on the same day as the plant clinic, otherwise keep sample refrigerated.
- Insect Sample: Samples should be placed in a jar or other suitable container. Collect more than one specimen if possible. Insects may be dead or alive.
- Not able to attend a plant clinic? No problem, you can email our Environmental Horticulture Agent, Maria Quirico, at Quirico-Maria@monroecounty-fl.gov. Please include detailed photographs.