Okaloosa County 4-H Volunteers
How to become a 4-H Volunteer
- Decide that you want to help kids grow and explore their futures.
- Check out some of the different volunteer experiences (volunteer roles) with Florida 4-H.
- Contact the Okaloosa County Extension Office to learn about 4-H in your county and discuss your possibilities with your 4-H Agent.
- Choose a volunteer role and complete an Adult Volunteer Profile through 4-H Online. (Background screenings are a part of the Volunteer Application process.)
- Successfully complete the annual OYCS Youth Protection Training (using an Internet Explorer web browser).
- Complete and submit the Florida 4-H Volunteer Packet to the Okaloosa County Extension Office or Florida State 4-H Headquarters.
- Attend scheduled fingerprinting appointment and await eligibility status from 4-H Agent.
- After you receive your official appointment letter, attend a county orientation and training.
- Prepare to share your skills, knowledge and talents while having Fun with kids!