Sustainable Agriculture And Food Systems
This page provides information on commercial agriculture production for Sumter County.
Food is the indispensable cornerstone of human well-being. Food provides energy, water and nutrients to sustain life, promote health and build functional societies. The Global Food System is a dynamic and complex web of diverse cultures and values, international trade, markets, public and private institutions, farmers, ranchers and fishers, technology, genetic resources, environmental and bio-physical interactions.
To see what classes we are offering currently visit our Eventbrite
Characteristics of Sustainable Food Systems
- Safe and nutritious food is produced, processed and distributed fairly and efficiently
- People have access to food and are healthy.
- Environment and natural resources are conserved.
- Businesses are profitable and individuals have economic opportunity
- Communities are resilient to economic, political and environmental changes
- Blog Posts