The Homebuyer Education Program is a 6-hour course designed to help you better understand the homebuying process, financial responsibilities of home ownership and basic home care and maintenance techniques to maintain the value of your home and save money on repairs.
All SHIP and USDA Rural Development applicants must complete the course before they can receive program funds.
Pre-registration for the SHIP class is required. Call 850.638.6180 to register.
TO APPLY FOR SHIP FUNDS:
- Complete the SHIP Homebuyer Education Class.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage loan by a lender.
- Contact Garett Griffin for a SHIP application after you are pre-approved.
Garrett Griffin, WFL Regional Planning Council, 1.800.226.8914 x 226.
- Complete and return the application to Mr. Griffin's office.
- Application will be processed as you find your house, finalize sales contract and move to closing.