Who We Are
Glades County Cooperative Extension is a partnership between the University of Florida's Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the Glades County Government.
In 1914 Congress established the Extension Service in order to provide a means for disseminating and implementing research-based information from land-grant universities. The University of Florida, a land-grant university, is part of this system of information outreach to the people of Florida. The transfer of knowledge is facilitated by faculty that are located in each of Florida's 67 counties and education centers. The partnership between counties and the university is the heart of the Cooperative Extension Service mission and enables the university to extend its knowledge base to each community.