Family Nutrition Program
The Family Nutrition Program (FNP) is a nutrition education program for families and individuals that are on a limited budget. The program helps participants develop skills that lead to:
- Improved diet through selection of nutritious foods
- Better food selection and food storage practices
- Better food safety practices when handling foods
- Effective management of food resources
Program activities include:
- Small groups education programs
- Food preparation demonstrations
- Distribution of newsletters and fact sheets
FNP educators teach our children in schools about the different food groups and the importance of choosing foods that help them grow. Seniors at congregate meals sites learn about keeping food safe, eating on a budget, and preparing meals for one or two. Parents and care givers are learn to plan and prepare low-cost, nutritious meals for the family.
Come to the Family Nutrition Program education activities and you'll learn about meal planning, healthy eating for the family, and how to stretch your food dollars.