Family, Community Development and Finance
The Family and Community Development Program focuses on educational programs in the areas of:
- Household Budgeting
- Community Resources
- Family Resource Management
- Consumer Fraud
This program facilitates the development of community based solutions to local needs including:
- Volunteer Resources
- Community Resource Development
- Disaster Preparation
Greening Monroe County (2005-2019)
Extension has provided leadership in sustainability and green government since 2005 and is the county liaison for the Monroe County Climate Change Advisory Committee.
Extension assisted with the management of a $3 Million State Energy Program energy efficiency grant from the U.S. Department of Energy and Climate Commission (FECC).
Climate Smart Florida
Climate Smart Florida is comprised of three programs created by the University of Florida, IFAS Extension and Florida Sea Grant. These programs were created to help Floridians' learn and make decisions about our changing climate.
- Climate Smart Communities- This guide will help governmental staff with step by step instruction in climate action planning specifically for Florida. It also includes Florida resources and updated events, funding announcements and legal implications.
- Climate Smart Floridians'- This 9 Unit program will guide Florida residents to becoming climate stewards. Each unit tackles how we, as individuals, contribute to greenhouse gasses and climate change and outlines the steps to reduce our impact.
- Climate Smart Kids- A fun 5 unit lesson plan for all ages to learn about what climate change means for Florida. With videos, experiments and games we explore climate science, greenhouse gases, blue carbon, threatened ecosystems and how to take action.
- Climate Smart Florida Website