Skip to main content

Rain Barrels

Florida receives an average 52 inches of rainfall a year.  Most of that water flows off our roofs onto lawns and driveways, picking up fertilizers, pesticides and other pollutants that eventually find their way to our lakes, rivers and streams, contributing to non-point source pollution. Rain barrels are a convenient and efficient way to collect some of that water. You'll not only help to reduce the storm water runoff from your yard, but you'll have a free source of chemical-free water to use for irrigating your landscape!

You can learn how to assemble your own rain barrel (207KB pdf). Please see our calendar for online registration.

Below are several suppliers of plastic barrels in Hillsborough County.

**PLEASE NOTE: The Extension Service WILL NOT sell or give barrels to individuals who have not taken a workshop. Retail barrel suppliers may be located in the Yellow Pages under "Drums & Barrels."

Barrel Suppliers

Additional suppliers may be found under "Drums & Barrels" in the Yellow Pages. Listings here do not equal endorsement.

Tom King Barrels (Odessa) - 813.920.8112

Alex Aversa (Seffner) - 813.843.3569

TR Drum Inc (Plant City) - 813.754.4255


Master Gardener Help Desk     
(813) 744-5519 x 4

Lynn Barber
(813) 744-5519 x 54105
Agent, Florida Friendly Landscaping

Lisa Meredith
(813) 744-5519 x 54146
Compost, Vermicompost, and School Gardens Program Coordinator

Paula Staples
(813) 744-5519 ext. 54142
Irrigation Evaluations, Education for Communities and Residents

Sonya Rose
(813) 744-5519 x54109
Water Conservation Program Coordinator

UF/IFAS Extension, Hillsborough County

Phone (813) 744-5519

View Staff Directory

5339 County Rd. 579
Seffner, FL 33584-3334

Directions to Our Office

8am – 5pm


county extension facebook icon FFL Facebook

county extension youtube icon Youtube

Important Note
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.