Main Office Phone: (813) 744-5519
Fax (813) 744-5776
Address: 5339 County Rd. 579, Seffner, FL 33584-3334
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am – 5pm
Family & Consumer Sciences
- Extension Agent I-Parenting & Family Life
(813) 744-5519 ext. 54140
- Provides educational workshops and classes that go over subjects such as family life, parenting skills, work life balance, and childcare provider training to enhance the family dynamic.
Master of Health Sciences, Public Health (MPH), Excelsior College
Bachelor of Multidisciplinary Studies, University of Texas at El Paso
Associate of Arts, El Paso Community College
- Nutrition and Health Agent
(813) 744-5519 x 54136
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
- Provides educational classes and information regarding food, nutrition and health, including food safety, nutrition for the elderly and other populations, and food preservation classes.
B.A., Business Administration with an A.A in Nutrition- Tampa College
- Food System Program Coordinator
(813) 744-5519 x 54111
- Promotes and bolsters small and mid-scale regional agricultural production by engaging in cross-community partnerships and programming.
Bachelor of Science in Food and Resource Economics, minor in Organic and Sustainable Food Production, University of Florida
Master of Science in Community Development & Applied Economics, University of Vermont
Urban Horticulture (Homeowners)
- Extension Faculty, Florida-Friendly Landscaping™
(813) 744-5519 x 54105
- Water conservation; reducing stormwater runoff and non-point source pollution; Florida-friendly landscape design and maintenance.
B.A., College of St. Catherine
Residential Horticulture: Position Vacant...
- Extension Faculty, Urban, Community, and Traditional Forestry
(813) 744-5519 x 54106
- Provides educational programs, technical assistance and planning services to governments, arboricultural and natural resource businesses, communities and homeowners on issues and practices related to urban and community forestry and tree care. Provides technical advice and planning assistance to private and public forest land owners on forest management and restoration, as well as protection and preservation of natural areas.
M.S., Wildlife Ecology, University of Delaware
B.S., Forestry/Wildlife, Virginia Tech
- Extension Faculty, Area Agent for Commercial Citrus for Hillsborough and Polk Counties
(813) 744-5519 x 54131- Hillsborough County
(863) 519-8677 x 108 - Polk County
- Commercial citrus production, crop physiology, citrus nutrition, citrus pest and water management.
M.S., Horticultural Science - Fruit Crops, University of Florida, B.S., Citrus Production Management, University of Florida
- Extension Faculty, Area Commercial Ornamental Production Agent for Hillsborough and Polk Counties
(813) 744-5519 x 54147
- Commercial Ornamental Plant Production – Best Management Practices for Irrigation and fertilization, Integrated Pest Management, Labor and Business Management and Market Development. Youth 4-H and Future Farmers of America Ornamental Horticulture programs.
M.S., Horticulture, University of Florida
B.S., Horticulture, University of Florida
- Extension Faculty, Fruit and Vegetable – Commercial Production
(813) 744-5519 x 54134
- Commercial Production – Cultural practices, Plant Nutrition, Water and Pest Management, Post Harvest Issues and Marketing.
DPM, Doctor of Plant Medicine, University of Florida
M.S., Plant Pathology, University of Florida
B.S., Plant Pathology, Mansoura University, Egypt
Allison Williams (Allie)
- Extension Faculty, Small Farms & Alternative Enterprises
(813) 744-5519 x 54119
- Program includes sustainable agriculture methods, agricultural marketing, rural resource conservation and protection, least toxic pest management, and regulatory requirements for agricultural production. Work may include programs relating to rural/urban interface, intensive small scale agricultural, and small farm livestock/forage production. Additional responsibilities include supporting local farmers' markets and urban farms in addressing food accessibility. Also contributes to the 4-H Youth Development program.
B.S., Agriculture (Livestock Production), Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College, Tifton, Georgia
M.S., Agriculture, Murray State University (in progress)
Professional Horticulture Services
- Extension Faculty, Professional Horticulture Services, IPM, and Small Farms
(813) 744-5519 x 54103
- Provides educational and diagnostic resources and training to Green Industry professionals regarding urban landscape horticulture, reducing non-point source pollution, integrated pest management (IPM), pesticide licensing and improving industry professionalism.
B.S., Landscape and Nursery Management/Environmental Horticulture, University of Florida, 2005
MBA, Marketing, California State University, 1991
B.S., Biology, Old Dominion University, 1983
Certified Laboratory Assistant, ASCP, Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, 1977
- Extension Faculty Pasco and Hillsborough (Interim), 4-H Youth Development
- Programs include Community Clubs, Afterschool Programs, School Enrichment Programs, Ag-Venture, 4-H Tropicana Public Speaking, and the development of other subject matter programs.
- County Extension Director
(813) 744-5519 x 54113
- Coordinates and supports the staff and services of UF/IFAS Hillsborough County Extension