Professional Horticulture Program (ProHort)
The UF/IFAS Extension Hillsborough County ProHort program offers solutions for commercial companies, governmental employees and practicing industry professionals. ProHort is intended for professionals employed in a horticulture industry such as landscape or irrigation design and installation, or landscape maintenance of properties including residential, common areas, sports fields, golf courses, schools, parks and natural areas. ProHort promotes landscape best management practices and environmental stewardship that provides research based, non-biased horticulture educational resources and training opportunities.
Provides resources for environmentally friendly design and maintenance practices that conserve and protect Florida’s ground and surface waters, integrated pest management to solve pest challenges, industry trends, and diagnostic services.
Learn about licensing & renewal (CEU) requirements, how to get exam study materials, opportunities for exam preparation review classes, and how to apply for and schedule exams.
Access learning opportunities for landscape professionals and pesticide applicators, sign up for newsletters and email notifications, and read the ProHort blog.
Services and Resources
- Pesticide Certification Section Chapter 487
- Structural Pest Control Chapter 482
- Public Health Chapter 388
- Training & Events Calendar
- Register for ProHort events
- Read the ProHort blog
- Subscribe to the ProHort newsletter & email notifications
- Green Industries Best Management Practices
- Integrated Pest Management
- Diagnostic services and site visits
- Fact sheets
- Industry Resources