Livestock and Natural Resources
The Livestock and Natural Resources programs at the UF/IFAS Lake County Extension office provide educational assistance to farmers and ranchers, both large and small, throughout the county. Information on upcoming programs and events can be found on the UF/IFAS Lake County Extension front page.
- Hurricane Preparedness for Livestock
- Creeping Indigo Visual Identification Guide
- Information on the Cogongrass Treatment Cost Share Program
Unbiased, research-based information is available for a variety of livestock raised in Lake County, ranging from cattle and poultry, to fish and honey bees.
- Florida Cow Calf Management Handbook
- Beef Cattle Nutrition
- Factors That Affect Calf Selling Price
- Florida Cattle Identification - Final Rules