Which license do you need and how can you study?
Which pesticide applicator license do you need? It all depends on where you are spraying. Which Pesticide License Do You Need? (pdf file)
Study materials available to purchase at IFAS Extension Bookstore. Some materials available in the reference section of Lake County Libraries.
Pesticide Applicator Training for exams and CEUs
To take an exam you must apply for the exam (obtain a voucher number) and schedule the exam.
Lake County Extension now hosts testing for Pest Control Operators (a 4 hour test). Contact Maggie Jarrell, firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-343-4101 ext. 2719, to make accommodations for 4 hour testing during regular testing dates.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Before taking a class, make sure they are the exact CEUs that you need.
Free online CEUs in CORE from Growing Produce
Free online CEUs in CORE from Citrus Industry Magazine
WPS Trainer Certification and Resources for training workers and handlers.
EPA approved WPS Train the Trainer On Line training. Cost is $35. This training will provide you with a WPS TTT certificate allowing you to train your workers and handlers with all the latest WPS requirements.
WPS TTT classes are periodically held live at local Extension offices. Check the schedule to find out when.
WPS Materials Order Form (includes WPS safety training video, central poster, how to comply, and more)
New EPA Approved WPS training videos (some available as downloadable format, others on YouTube will require internet connection):
Orchard worker and handler training:
- Video for online WPS worker training - English
- Video for online WPS worker training - Spanish
- Video for online WPS handler training - English - on YouTube
- Video for online WPS handler training - Spanish - on YouTube
Greenhouse worker and handler training:
- Video for online WPS greenhouse worker training - English
- Video for online WPS greenhouse worker training - Spanish
- Video for online WPS greenhouse handler training - English - on YouTube
- Video for online WPS greenhouse handler training - Spanish - on YouTube
- Globally Harmonized System Pictograms
New WPS Respirator requirements:
- Respirator requirements for employers of pesticide handlers - includes selecting a respirator, medical evaluations, fit testing, training, maintenance of PPE and more.
- Respirator fit testing protocols from OSHA
- One option for fit testing
Use of paraquat now requires special training. It can only be done online and is free.
- Fertilizer License
Disposal of Old Pesticides
Homeowners may take their old pesticides to the landfill for hazardous waste.
Operation Cleansweep is designed for Commercial Pesticide Users.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service periodically, depending on funding, has “Operation Cleansweep”. The purpose of “Operation Cleansweep” is to offer a safe, convenient, and cost effective mechanism for agricultural operations, golf courses, and pest control companies to properly dispose of canceled, suspended, and unusable pesticides (CSUP).
- Who We Are
- Staff Directory
- Livestock and Natural Resources
- Lawn and Garden - Florida Friendly Landscaping
- Commercial Fruit Production
- Environmental Horticulture Commercial Production
- Pesticide Applicator Training
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- 4-H Youth Development
- Local Food Systems & Community Development
- Videos, Fact Sheets, and Resources