Native Trees, Shrubs & Vines
Native trees, shrubs and vines offer a variety of benefits besides adding beauty to your landscape. Trees provide shade, which lower summer temperatures and help cut energy costs.
Native trees, shrubs and vines improve air quality by producing oxygen, while removing particulates and pollutants from the air. They also provide homes for wildlife.
For information about choosing plants for particular areas of Florida, see Specific Growing Zones.
Topics of Interest
- Crape Myrtle in Florida
- Dogwood, Flowering
- Eastern Redbud
- Fact Sheets: Shrubs
- Fact Sheets: Trees
- Flowering Vines for Florida
- Landscape Trees
- Ligustrum (a.k.a. Privet): a Versatile Landscape Plant
- New Red-flowered Crape Myrtles
- Poinsettias at a Glance
- Sabal Palmetto: Cabbage Palm
- Specifications for Planting Trees and Shrubs in the Southeastern United States
- Trees, Shrubs, Palms and Cycads—Gardening Solutions
>Return to Plants & Grasses