Poisonous Plants in Florida
Some pretty plants are actually harmful to people. These poisonous plants usually carry poison in their leaves, fruit and/or oils.
Knowing which species are toxic can help prevent exposure and treat complications upon contact. To learn how to identify and avoid dangerous poisonous plants in Florida, check out the publications below.
For information about the effects of contact with poisonous plants, visit the Florida Poison Information Center.
Topics of Interest
- Deadly Plants—Gardening Solutions
- Creeping Indigo, A Poisonous Plant of Concern in Florida Pastures
- Identification and Control of Coral Ardisia (Ardisia crenata): A Potentially Poisonous Plant
- Identification of Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac, and Poisonwood
- Toxic Plants in Florida--Florida Master Gardener Program