Tropical Fruit Production
The Tropical Fruit Program is designed to help commercial tropical fruit growers with all aspects of production. Information and workshops are offered on a variety of topics, from specific crops to planting, fertilizing, pruning, and pest control.
Tropical Fruit Production Updates/News
Tropical Fruit News
Information for Commercial Growers
- Pruning and propagation of tropical fruit
- Tropical fruit videos
- Tropical fruit tree spacing, crop yields, cultivars and seasons
- Where to buy tropical fruit trees, pesticides, and fertilizer
- Packing houses
- Why won't my tree fruit?
- Tropical Fruit Acreage
- Young mango trees.
- General information for fruit growers
- Where to get testing done on soil, plant tissues and water sources.
- Tropical Fruit Growers of South Florida
- Registering your crops with the Farm Service Agency.
1450 N. Krome Ave #102
Florida City, FL 33034
- Getting some types of fruit insured through the Farm Service Agency.
- Agricultural tax exemptions for your groves and filling out an application.
- If you are a commercial avocado grower, you will want the latest information on laurel wilt and should look into registering with the Avocado Administration Committee. Their number is 305-247-0848. The Avocado Administrative Committee has information on the avocado picking/shipping schedule and more.