Events and Programming
To learn about upcoming events, workshops, and classes please visit the relevant links, below.
Discover the power of research-based learning with UF/IFAS Extension Polk County by following our Eventbrite page below.
We offer a wide range of programs designed to enhance your life, home, and community, such as Natural Resources and Conservation programs covering urban forestry, invasive species, and aquatic ecosystems; Residential Horticulture, including lawngrass management, beneficial insects, and the Master Gardener program; and the Florida-Friendly Landscaping program with a focus on drought-tolerant options and waterfront protection.
Dive into Family and Consumer Science topics like chronic disease management and healthy eating, or learn about Small Farms programming covering practices such as beekeeping and backyard poultry and livestock.
Pesticide applicators can access license testing, CEU classes, and exam prep courses.
Please see below for our other Extension programs.
4-H Youth Development
- Please contact your local 4-H club to get involved, or reach out to our office for more information: 863-519-1041
- Please see the citrus extension agents' website for upcoming events.
Livestock and Forages
- For information on upcoming events, please visit the South Florida Beef Forage Program website for event announcements.
- You may also contact Bridget Stice, Livestock and Forage extension agent for Polk County, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (863) 519-1048 for information on upcoming Livestock and Forages events.
- Please see the environmental horticulture agent's website for more info.