Who We Are
The University of Florida /Institute of Food and Agricultural Science (UF/IFAS) Extension is to provide scientifically based agricultural, human, and natural resource knowledge that citizens use in making informed decisions, which contribute to an improved quality of life in Alachua County.
Operating as part of the University of Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, Extension serves each of the state's 67 counties providing information and conducting educational programs in the following areas:
- Agricultural & Natural Resources
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- 4-H Youth Development
- Environmental Horticulture
- Commercial Horticulture
We have moved!
UF/IFAS Extension Alachua County cuts the ribbon on its new office - November 30, 2021
UF/IFAS Extension Alachua County Office has moved to Newberry -
view videos below for more information:
- UF/IFAS Extension Alachua County cuts the ribbon on its new office - November 30, 2021
- Alachua County Agriculture and Equestrian Center Ribbon Cutting Video - March 6, 2021
- UF/IFAS Extension Alachua County Groundbreaking - October 27, 2020
If you are interested in subscribing to the UF/IFAS Extension Alachua County Newsletter please click here.
- UF/IFAS Extension Alachua County 2022 Annual Report
- Economic Impacts of Agriculture in Alachua County
2023 Growers & Hay Directory
Listen To Our Podcast
Watch Our Educational Videos
Plant of the Month
We are pleased to announce the Plant of the Month Partnership, a collaborative effort between Alachua County, UF/IFAS Extension, the Master Gardener Volunteers of Alachua County, and Working Food. Click here to view Plant of the Month.
Do you have gardening questions?
Please contact one of our Master Gardener Volunteers at 352-955-2402 or you can email your questions to email@example.com.