HOW TO BECOME A 4-H VOLUNTEER
Check out these easy steps to learn how to become a 4-H volunteer. There are many roles a 4-H volunteer can fill, including Club Leader, Club Co-Leader, SPIN Club Leader, Horse Program Volunteer, Mentor, Advisory Committee Member, and more. Contact your 4-H Agent for more information, and to get started on the volunteer application process.
- Decide that you want to help kids grow and explore their futures.
- Check out some of the many different volunteer roles with Florida 4-H.
- Contact your County 4-H Agent to learn about volunteer opportunities in your county, and to set a date for an in-person meeting.
- Once you’ve met with your local 4-H Agent, enroll in 4HOnline as a volunteer at 4honline.com.
- Complete the annual OYCS Youth Protection Training (this must be completed in Internet Explorer). Your training results will be emailed to the State Volunteer Coordinator.
- Complete and submit the Florida 4-H Volunteer Packet to Florida 4-H State Headquarters.
- Attend your scheduled fingerprinting appointment (you’ll schedule this with the State Volunteer Coordinator once they receive all of the above documents from you) and await your eligibility status from the 4-H Agent.
- Attend a county orientation and training.
- Prepare to share your skills, knowledge, and talents while having fun with kids!
4-H VOLUNTEER RESOURCES