Training & CEUs
Pest Control & Pesticide Licensing
Many training programs, certification opportunities, and continuing education units (CEUs) are available through Extension, often in conjunction with FDACS and the USDA. Get information about the courses and materials offered for professionals working with pesticides in Florida's agricultural and horticultural industries.
Remember to check your local Extension office for additional CEU and training opportunities in your county.
Training & CEU Opportunities
CEUs through the UF/IFAS Bookstore
FL Pesticide Licensing Information
- DACS Pesticide Licensing Handbook (pdf) - Everything you want to know about Florida pesticide licensing in a ready-to-print format. The Handbook is authored by the agency that regulates the state's pest control industry: the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (DACS). It includes requirements, fees, and details about every Florida pesticide license.
- Laws and Regulations - The Florida Laws and Regulations and the Federal Laws and Regulations are both listed on the IFAS Pesticide Information Office website.
- Pesticide Labeling and SDS Information - These publications--created by UF/IFAS--are intended to help consumers and the pest control industry better understand safety issues and comply with regulations.
- Pesticide Safety - A list of UF/IFAS publications that provide parents, homeowners and pet owners with information on how to protect children and pets from pesticide exposure, how to exercise personal safety when handling pesticides, how to measure toxicity levels, and more.
- IFAS Pest Control and Pesticide Fact Sheets and Publications - A complete A-Z list of the pest control and pesticide-related publications created by UF/IFAS Extension, available free of charge.