Sea Grant - Martin & St. Lucie
Dr. Vincent Encomio is the Florida Sea Grant Extension Agent for Martin and St. Lucie counties. Locally, Sea Grant connects residents with Florida universities’ and national research and education to fulfill the program’s goal of ‘Science Serving Florida’s Coast’. Ongoing webinars, citizen science and restoration projects are available to our community. Connect today to learn from experts in water health, seafood initiatives and other marine-related topics.
Florida Sea Grant’s mission is to support integrated research, education and extension to conserve coastal resources and enhance economic opportunities for the people of Florida.
We are a partnership between the Florida Board of Education, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and Florida’s citizens and governments. Our extension, education and outreach programs are done in partnership with UF/IFAS Extension and coastal counties of Florida.
To learn more visit: https://www.flseagrant.org/
Keeping Your Dog Safe
The above fact sheet details the toxin’s effects on dogs, risks for fatality, how to recognize the presence of algal blooms, and links to additional resources.
To learn more about pet safety and Cyanobacteria, visit Florida Seagrant.
Living Shorelines - Marine Contractors
Resource PDF Documents
Water Ambassador Resources
- Lunch & Learn - Water Ambassador Series
- Septic_Flooding Facts_NWDist
Upcoming "Seafood Live"
New 2021 Events To Be Announced
Enjoy the recorded December 9 in the kitchen with Dr. Encomio - Vincent
Seafood Live Video
- Marine Contractor Course
- Click above for Schedule
Water Ambassador Lunch & Learn Videos
- PlasticCaps NutrientRemoval 0927
- Manatee Habitat Restoration 0913
- Natural Stormwater Solutions 0816
- Urban Stormwater BMP 0719
- Manatee Mortality IRL Event 0621
- MC Utilities & Solid Waste 0517
- Economic Impacts HABs MC 0419
- Oyster Prisms - Plastic Free 0315
- Enhanced Oyster Restoration 0215
- The Loxa-Lucie Headwaters 0118
- JB Impoundment Restoration 0824
- IRL Clam Restoration 0810
- Sargassum - Global Bloom 0727
- FL Healthy Beaches Program 0629
- WQ and Coral Health 0615
- Be Floridian Now 0601
- Water Farming in Martin 0518
- C-44 Reservoir Update 0504
- Planting for Nutrient Mgmt 0420
- Clean Boating/Marina Prog 0406
- Ripple Project 0309
- IRL Report Card 0223
- SLE Algae Bloom Monitoring 0209
- * WeShore/Living Shorelines 0126
- * History of Water Mgmt 0112
2020 - Video Archives *
- Coming Soon ...