FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCES
The mission of Family & Consumer Sciences agents is to promote economic, environmental, and social sustainability for families by providing education for living well in Florida, now and for the future.
Manatee County's Family and Consumer Sciences Program links research, knowledge, and technology to the needs of individuals, families, and communities. Dedicated to strengthening families through education, the belief is that the family:
- Is the most effective and efficient unit for building a competent society;
- Has a right to meet basic needs and to make choices about its future;
- Is interdependent within communities and their environments.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE AND RELEVANT LINKS:
- Aging & Caregiving
- Parenting and Family Life
- Food Safety
- Health & Nutrition
- Housing and Home Environment
- Money Matters
- Ask IFAS Family & Consumer Sciences (EN ESPANOL)
Family and Consumer Sciences Agent
(941)722-4524 ext. 1854