4-H Enrollment Instructions
These instructions are for campers who have not previously or are not actively enrolled via Florida 4-H Online, but wish to participate in 4-H camps and limited-enrollment activities, like the 4-H Exploring Your Environment Summer Day Camp. If you have previously enrolled in 4-H Online, your enrollment process will be different.
You can access Florida 4-H Online through any modern browser (Internet Explorer is no longer supported) on your computer or mobile device. For the best experience, make sure your browser is up to date, and we suggest using a desktop or laptop computer.
Features and functions consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are available if needed. Click the icon in lower-left section of the home page for options.
Creating a New 4-H Online Account
Parents and guardians are responsible for creating and maintaining family and member profiles. Youth should not be given passwords to access 4-H Online profiles.
- Go to http://v2.4honline.com
- Click Don’t have an account? if you have never enrolled in Florida 4-H before using 4-H Online.
- Select Florida from the select your state drop-down menu.
- Choose Florida 4-H Youth Development as your Institution.
- Choose Sarasota County.
- Complete your family’s information.
- Click Create Account.
- Enter your family’s address.
- Click the Verify. NOTE: The verification process may require you to select an appropriate USPS format.
- If you create a new account and an existing account is found, click Confirm and login with the existing account. If a duplicate account is found that is not yours, contact your county 4-H office with your name, email address, and mailing address with which you are trying to create a profile.
Add a Youth Member
- If there are no members in the family profile, you will be presented with the Add Member. OR, If you need to add an additional child, click the blue + Add Member button found in the upper middle portion of the screen near your family name and address.
- Choose 4-H as the program you would like to join and click Next.
- Add the name and birth date of the youth member and click Next*.
- Complete the required fields in the About You
- Choose I want to join 4-H as a New or Returning 4-H Youth Member and click Finish.
* The system is set up to calculate 4-H age based off the Florida 4-H age policy. 4-H age is the age of the youth on Sept.1 of the previous calendar year. Visit Florida 4-H for more information.
- Click Select Units.
- Click Add next to the 4-H Exploring Your Environment day camp item
- You might see a $10 fee being applied to the enrollment at this point. This will be removed once you click Next and proceed to the next section of the enrollment process.
- Click Next.
- Click Select Projects.
- Click Add to select the PARTICIPANTS
- Set the number of years enrolled in the project to one (1).
- Leave the section on youth volunteer blank.
- Click Next after adding the PARTICIPANTS project.
- Click Show Questions to view other enrollment questions.
- Complete all required fields.
- Note: You will see some of the information you already provided. Scroll down to see the new questions.
- Click Next when finished.
- Click Show Health Form.
- Complete all required fields and the Medical Consents on the Health Form and click Next.
- Yes responses will require additional information in the text box.
- Consent to the Medical Consents is required to participate in Florida 4-H.
- Click Show Consents
- Read each consent and respond to each item.
- Consent to the Code of Conduct, General Release and Transportation Policy are required to participate in Florida 4-H.
- Click Next and review the enrollment summary.
- Click Submit to send your enrollment to your county 4-H office.
- Your enrollment will be pending/awaiting review until a county 4-H staff member approves the enrollment. Please note that enrollments will be approved during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- You will not be able to sign up for camp until your account is approved.
- You will receive an email confirming your enrollment was submitted. Disregard any payment information in this email as you are enrolled as a participant.
- You will receive a second email, when an enrollment has been made active by the county 4-H office.
- If there is an issue with enrollment, the Sarasota County 4-H office may send the enrollment back with instructions on how to correct the issue. You will receive an e-mail if this happens.
Family Profile Navigation
- Click Add Member in the top right corner to add a new youth member or an adult volunteer.
- Click Continue Enrollment to complete and submit and enrollment.
- Click Family to update family profile information.
- Click Events to register a member for an event.
- Click View to see profile side bar of a submitted or approved enrollment. See next slide.
Reset Your Password
- Click Reset Password? at the 4-H Online login page.
- Type in your email and click Reset your password.
- Check your email for the Reset Password email. Click Reset Password after opening the email.
- You will be prompted to change your password.
- Go back to the login page and login with your email and new password.
Assistance or Questions about Enrollments, Clubs and County Programs
Contact your Sarasota County 4-H program by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-861-9833.
Enrollment in 4-H Exploring Your Environment Summer Day Camp
- After you have received the email that states your enrollment has been made active log back into 4-H Online.
- Select your child’s profile and on the left-hand side of the screen select Events.
- Then select + Register for a new event
- You will see a list of different instructions pop open in a new window.
- Select the session of Sarasota-4-H Exploring Your Environment Camp Day Camp you wish to register for. Please note that the two sessions may not appear next to each other on the list of events, and they must be registered for individually.
- Select the next button after clicking the session of camp and complete the enrollment process for camp- Questions, Health Form, Consents, Payment* and Confirm.
- *Payment is not collected for county level instructions on 4-H Online. You will select the pay by check option. Credit or debit card payment are done through Eventbrite and after registration is completed an email will be sent with the information on how to do so.
- Checks must by written to University of Florida and dropped of at the UF/IFAS Extension Office in Twin Lakes Park, 6700 Clark Rd, Sarasota, FL 34241 during business hours of Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Please email email@example.com or call 941-861-9833 if you have any questions or need assistance with payment.
- After you have completed the enrollment process your registration is now pending approval until it has been reviewed and payment has been received.